Photo courtesy of The Canadian Encyclopedia
2017 ACVP and ASVCP Concurrent Annual Meeting
Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver Convention Centre
Floor Plans for the Vancouver Convention Centre, site of the scientific sessions. Sessions will be on level 1 and 2 of the West Building. The Convention Centre is located 1-2 blocks from each of the three hotels being used for the Annual Meeting.
Call for the Pacific Northwest and Arctic Animal Mystery Slide Case Submissions for the 2017 Annual Meeting
Mystery Slide Session, Sunday, November 5, 2017
1. Three H&E-stained, coverslipped slides of photographic quality.
2. A Microsoft word or pdf document with signalment page, containing a brief pertinent history, laboratory diagnostics, gross description, and any gross photos.
3. A brief summary of the diagnosis and case relevance for the session chairs.
4. If accepted for presentation, a separate page with an enhanced microscopic description, diagnosis, discussion, and brief reference list (if applicable) will be required.
Dr. Judy St. Leger
Call for Primate Pathology Workshop Case Submissions for the 2017 Annual Meeting
Post-Meeting Workshop, Wednesday, November 8, 2017
The Primate Pathology Workshop Committee is pleased to announce the 2017 Primate Pathology Post-Meeting Workshop associated with the concurrent Annual Meetings of the ACVP & ASVCP.
This year, the workshop theme is Immunotherapy with formal lectures from leaders in the field. In addition to the presentations by invited speakers, we will have case presentations. Case material with a focus on immunopathology disease is encouraged, but material can be from any interesting, unique, or classic primate disease.
Oral case presentations will be 10-12 minutes with 3-5 minutes for questions/discussion. Any interested parties, including clinicians, pathologists, and research scientists, are encouraged to submit cases.
For each case, please submit:
1. A single H&E-stained, coverslipped slide, which will be scanned OR a CD/USB stick with an Aperio scan of the glass slide.
2. A Microsoft Word document with signalment page, containing a brief pertinent history, laboratory diagnostics, gross description and possibly gross photos but NOT revealing the diagnosis.
3. On a separate page, the microscopic description, diagnosis, discussion, and brief reference list (if applicable).
Dr. Theresa Boulineau
65 Mounthaven Drive
Livingston, NJ, 07039 USA
The case submission deadline is August 1, 2017.
All submitters must be available to present on the afternoon of November 8, 2017. We are looking forward to another exciting workshop and hope to see you in Vancouver!
Call for Neuropath Mystery Slide Case Submissions for the 2017 Annual Meeting
Mystery Slide Session -- Monday, November 6, 2017
A single PDF document consisting of a brief summary of the case including your name, institution, and contact information, plus a short history, signalment, summary of representative gross and microscopic findings, any additional supporting data, and a couple of good quality images (histo +/- gross) that are representative of the lesion. As always, true “unsolved mysteries” are welcome!
Please remember that if your case is selected you (or a designated and hopefully highly entertaining minion) must be able to present at the ACVP Annual Meeting in Vancouver, and you must be able to provide 100 high-quality, H+E stained slides in which the lesion is well represented. **Exceptions to this may be made at the Chair’s discretion for particularly compelling cases that can’t yield 100 slides, in which case digital format may be acceptable but we will still need approximately 6 slides for scanning, archiving, and panelist distribution.
Deadline for submissions is August 15, 2017!