Combined Annual Meeting Overview
(subject to change)
Saturday, October 17, 2015
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||STP Pre-Meeting CE Course 1: All Eyes Focused on Ocular Toxicology and Pathology|
|8:00 AM–5:00 PM||ACVP Pre-Meeting Workshop: Primate Pathology|
|8:00 AM–5:00 PM||ASVCP and STP CPIG Combined Pre-Meeting Workshop|
|8:00 AM–5:00 PM||C.L. Davis Foundation Pre-Meeting Workshop|
|9:00 AM–4:30 PM||NTP Session: "Pathology Potpourri"|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||STP Pre-Meeting CE Course 2: The Use of Pigs in Biomedical Research|
|6:00 PM–8:00 PM||ASVCP Teaching Clinical Pathology|
Sunday, October 18, 2015
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||ASVCP Education Symposium: Biomarkers in Veterinary Clinical Pathology|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Concurrent Session I: Diagnostic Veterinary Dermatopathology|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||ACVP and STP Combined Career Development Session: Visualizing Pathology Data|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Natural Disease Focused Scientific Session I|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||STP and Industrial and Toxicologic Pathology Focused Scientific Session|
|12:15 PM–1:15 PM||Emerging Disease Focus Seminar|
|1:30 PM–4:30 PM||ASVCP Veterinary Laboratory Professionals Session I|
|1:30 PM–4:30 PM||Clinical Pathology Focused Scientific Session I|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||Diagnostic Pathology Focused Scientific Session I|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||Experimental Disease Focused Scientific Session I|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||Natural Disease Focused Scientific Session II|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||STP Focused Topic Session 1: Functional Anatomy and Physiology of Skin|
|4:30 PM–6:00 PM||ASVCP Business Meeting|
|5:15 PM–6:00 PM||ACVP Business Meeting|
|6:15 PM–7:30 PM||ACVP and STP Combined Town Hall Meeting|
|7:30 PM–9:30 PM||ACVP and STP Mystery Slide Review Session: Skin|
Monday, October 19, 2015
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||ACVP, ASVCP, and STP Combined Plenary Session: Biomarkers|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||ASVCP Veterinary Laboratory Professionals Session II|
|12:15 PM–1:15 PM||STP Student Session: Career Options|
|1:30 PM–3:30 PM||ASVCP and STP Case Discussion Session|
|1:30 PM–3:30 PM||Combined Student Activity|
|1:30 PM–4:30 PM||Community Outreach Activity (CO-Act)|
|7:00 PM–9:00 PM||ACVP and STP Mystery Slide Review Session: Neuropathology|
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||ASVCP Veterinary Laboratory Professionals Session III|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Clinical Pathology Focused Scientific Session II|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Concurrent Session II: Genetically Engineered Large Animals|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Education Focused Scientific Session: Resident Training|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Mini-Symposium I: Forensic Pathology|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||STP Focused Topic Session 2: Pathology and Mechanisms of Skin Injury|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||ACVP and STP Mystery Slide Case Session|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||Diagnostic Pathology Focused Scientific Session II|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||Experimental Disease Focused Scientific Session II|
|1:30 PM–5:00 PM||STP Focused Topic Session 3: Models of Skin Disease|
|5:15 PM–6:00 PM||STP Business Meeting|
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Concurrent Session III: Pathology of Avian/Exotics|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Concurrent Session IV: Flow Cytometry and Clonality Assays in Diagnostic Hematopathology|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||Mini-Symposium II: Medical Device Pathology|
|8:00 AM–12:00 Noon||STP Focused Topic Session 4: Case Studies of Cutaneous Toxicity, Direct & Systemic|
|1:00 PM–5:00 PM||ACVP, ASVCP, and STP Post-Meeting Workshop: Molecular Pathology|
|1:00 PM–5:00 PM||ACVP Focused Group Post-Meeting Workshop: Mouse Neuropathology|
Call for 2015 Neuropath Mystery Slide Case Submissions
Do you have a great neuropath case you’re dying to show off? Or perhaps you have one that’s been keeping you up at night with its elusive final diagnosis? Then consider submitting that case for inclusion in the Neuropathology Mystery Slide Session. This year, because we are together with STP, we especially welcome lab animal or tox-related cases. Industry folks: if the case is experimental, you must be able to provide enough information about the test compound for the presentation to be meaningful to participants.
Submissions should follow the format outlined below:
1. A single PDF document comprising a brief summary of the case including your name, institution, and contact information, plus a short history, signalment, gross and microscopic findings, any additional supporting data, and a couple of good quality images (histo +/- gross) that are representative of the lesion. As always, true “unsolved mysteries” are welcome!
2. Please remember that if your case is selected you (or a designated and hopefully highly entertaining minion) must be able to present at the ACVP Annual Meeting in Minneapolis and you must be able to provide 100 high-quality, H+E stained slides in which the lesion is well represented. Exceptions to this may be made at the Chair’s discretion for particularly compelling cases that can’t yield 100 slides, in which case digital format may be acceptable.
Deadline for submissions is July 31, 2015 and notification about selection for inclusion will be by email.
Call for 2015 Primate Pathology Workshop Case Submissions: Pre-Meeting Workshop, October 17, 2015
The Primate Pathology Workshop Committee is pleased to announce the 2015 Primate Pathology Pre-Meeting Workshop to be held in conjunction with the Annual Meetings of the ACVP, ASVCP and STP. The theme is "Non-Human Primate Genetics and Geography: Impact on Study Design, Interpretation, and Results" with formal lectures from leaders in the field. In addition to the presentations by invited speakers, we will have NHP case presentations. Case material with a focus on diseases or adverse effects that impacted study design, interpretation and results are encouraged, but material can be from any interesting, unique, or classic primate disease. Oral case presentations will be 10-12 minutes with 3-5 minutes for questions/discussion. Any interested parties, including clinicians, pathologists, and research scientists, are encouraged to submit cases. For each case, please submit:
1. A single H&E-stained, coverslipped slide, which will be scanned (alternatively, a CD containing scanned slide at 40x is acceptable).
2. Word document with signalment page, containing a brief pertinent history, laboratory diagnostics, gross description and possibly gross photos, and on a separate page, the microscopic description diagnosis, discussion, and brief reference list (if applicable).
3. A short report with History, Morphologic Diagnosis, Etiology, and Discussion for inclusion in the workshop proceedings.
Please send slides/CD (with scanned slides) and case information to:
Dr. Vito Sasseville / Jacqueline Sapienza
Preclinical Safety Discovery and Investigative Pathology
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc.
300 Technology Square, 7104D
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
The case submission deadline is July 17, 2015.
All submitters must be available to present on the afternoon of Saturday, Oct. 17th. We are looking forward to another exciting workshop and hope to see you in Minneapolis!
Job Searching 2.0: Using Social Media and Connections to Find Your Right Job
Call for 2015 Dermatopathology Mystery Slide Case Submissions
1. A brief, one-page write-up with the submitter’s name and contact information, signalment, brief history and other pertinent data, gross and histopathologic findings, and 2 or 3 high quality gross and/or histopathology photos that are representative of the lesion.
2. If your case is selected, you must be able to present it at the DMSC Session at the 2015 ACVP Annual Meeting in Minneapolis. You also must be able to provide a high-quality, HE-stained slide representing the lesion. This year all the chosen cases will be sent out in a digital format.
Deadline for submissions is June 30, 2015 and notification about selection for inclusion will be by email.